Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Fairy Nice Card


My how time has flew by since my last post! That's how summers seem to go around here - FAST!!! I did this card over a week ago and am just getting to post it now. It was a SCS Challenge that challenged us to make out card using an all white card base, no layers, I think, although that may have been only my interpretation of it. The idea being to enjoy the white space and not clutter it up with so much stuff. (I could take some life lessons on this! LOL)
So, I dug out a set, Stampin' Up!'s retired Fairy Nice set, and stamped the image and words in Stazon Black. I watercolor-crayon painted the image and outlined it with a glue pen for a thin outline of the image. Next I sprinkled Dazzling Diamonds over the glue, and dug through my ribbon drawer until I found a ribbon that matched part of her dress and put on a ribbon across the top. I like the look more than I thought I would...definately I need to try some more of these cards with 'white-open spaces!'
Have a Fairy Nice Day!
Cheryl

No comments: