Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
You can go here to see the Stamp Camp Card Kits
Thursday, July 17, 2008
Monday, July 14, 2008
This morning's Technique Lover's Cahllenge was to make a grid card using a scoring tool. As I have used both the score blade from the Fiskars Personal cutter, and more recently acquired the Scor-Pal from my husband, I used the latter tool for my card this morning...and did it ever work wonderfully easy!
Here's how I did the my card. I began by looking at this Grid Tutorial and then grabbed a piece of Kraft Paper to try it out. Well, it turned out well, so I just decided to use that scrap for my project. I chose Real Red for the card itself. Next, I determined that my grid needed to be a window frame, so I used a large square punch and punch it from all four sides to make a larger square...I'll do a tutorial later this week how I do this. I planned to do a single inking of red on my Canvas Background stamp and for some reason, it cme out weird, so I huffed the stamp and put the paper on again, then again, and kept trying to get an even look to it. Not to be done, but it did come out with a kind of "shabby chic" look about it (read: LAZY), but I was satisfied, so Iwent on to stamp the Queen Anne's lace silouette from Garden Silhouette...and then dotted the tips with my White Signo Gel Pen. I would have liked to do something white on it (words or something) but my white Craft Pad is missing in action somewhere, so I settled for the white dots. Then I tied a very ravel-lish ribbon aound the frame, like a gift ribbon. This is a very fun technique...and I'll probably be looking what else I can do with this tool I have not used to full potential yet.
So there you have it! Have a very good day!
Saturday, July 12, 2008
So after doing the pink card, I began to think of other options...Stampin' Up!'s soon-to be-retired 'Simply Said' came to mind as this soon as I saw this scrap of pattern paper. It took a little cutting for the daisy itself, then I used my paper crimper to try a different style of leaves, and used a big thick Dimensional Glue dot for the center and pressed Dazzling Diamond Glitter to give it the glimmer and take away the stickiness. These cards were quick, simple, and easy, and I like how they both came out.
Talk to you later!
I haven't been around alot this week - summers are short and very busy around here - but I did manage to get some stamping time in. This card was totally inspired by Julie's Paper Pleasing Ideas Blog (This is my all time favorite blog to read). She is one very talented woman and the idea came not only with her 'Flipped Sketch' pattern, but with a tutorial that show exactly how to make torn paper roses. On this card, I used pattern paper and a ornate corner punch on the white background - other than that, it's pretty much CASED. I love this style, and hope to come up with some masculine ideas (probably not with roses) and see what I came up with.
You can check Julie's blog and how-to's by clicking *here* so go have some fun!
On to the next post, as I don't know how to do 2 photos on one post yet!
Wednesday, July 2, 2008
I took some PolyMark Bright White Dimensional Paint and put a few new beads of it on the necks and wings. Well, that looked weird, so I picked up my paper piercer and started trying to move it around and smooth it out. That wasn't working either, but by this time the white goo was beginning to dry a little and it made it thick enough to leave the textureof little comb marks where the feathers are. It did do to it what I was hoping to do.
We see swans from time to time in Lake Superior, such a spledid graceful sight.
Have a great Day!
Tuesday, July 1, 2008
The card above is from the SCS color Challenge today, to use Certainly Celery, Wild Wasabi, and Purely Pomegranite on the card. For the background, I used Wild Wasabi on retired "Linotype" on Certainly Celery. I love how it puts such a bold pattern on my paper. Then I selected the Artfully Asian Branch and stamped on White with the Wild Wasabi. I drew ink off the pad with my Aqua Painter to fill in the leaves. Then I stamped the floral dot posie images from the Three for You Punch Box Kit (Purely Pomegranite on Purely Pomegranite), and high-lighted the blossoms with a White Signo-Gel Pen.
Meanwhile, I used the Colluzle to cut 3 ovals, White and Wasabi were the same size and Pomegranite was a notch bigger. Then after I had stamped the branch, I used my Fiskars Cloud Scissors to go around the White paper with the floral image. When I use scallop scissors to go around a circle or an oval, I always start at the bottom of the image, because if it doesn't come out even, I can always camoflauge it with something, but in this case, I didn't mind the little bump at the bottom too much.
Then I took my flowers and the rounded end of a paintbrush (not the bristle end) and pushed the flowers into the palm of my hand to make those blossoms "cup." I glued them with Crystal Effects to the stem.
Next, I added my "much hoarded" Pomegranite Ribbon that was in the Mini Catalog last fall. I made a slit in the fold of the card and tied the ribbon around front of the card and knotted it. I am frugal with my supplies and often tape or glue ribbon on and trim the edges even, but this ribbon was just too yummy to not share some with the inside of the card. Once the knot is tied, I just trimmed the ends and moved the knot to where I wanted it and attached the oval next to the knot. Finally, I used my Poly-Mark Crystal Glitter (WalMart, with Craft Paints) under a buck) to add a dab of glitz to the flowers....voila...it was done!