Thursday, July 17, 2008

Cinnamon Moose


Here is today's "Ways to Use it Challenge" which required us to use something out of the spice cupboard to make a card. I instantly thought of Cinnamon, as I had played around with this some years ago...but last night I didn't have the greatest results with several attempts at adhering it so it wouldn't brush off easily. I did end up using a glue pen around the the outside of the moose and it left a great smelling card to boot. I had no plan for the card, beyond getting the moose done, and I was working without a sketch. The moose being finished, I punched it out with the biggest circle punch I had. Then I had to coluzzle a larger circle of Not Quite Navy to background the vanilla circle. For some reason, the idea of off-setting the circles appealed to me for this card, so I went with that idea. The Olive card base was stamped the Canvas Background with Garden Green on the lower front of the card. I used a scenery set from TAC to put a few trees behind the circles. Now the circles (too plain) need something else too. Eyelets? Yes, they'll work. Mark the spots and put them in with the Crop-a-Dile...that tool is the perfect way to get the job done quickly and quietly so I don't wake up Natalie, my sleeping 4 year old in the next room. Next, a Pumpkin Pie belt to divide the 2 images on the base. Now it looks way too flat! So I crimped the belt and popped up the moose...and it's done! Hooray!
Have a great day!

No comments: