Monday, July 14, 2008

Grid Card Challenge Card

Hello,
This morning's Technique Lover's Cahllenge was to make a grid card using a scoring tool. As I have used both the score blade from the Fiskars Personal cutter, and more recently acquired the Scor-Pal from my husband, I used the latter tool for my card this morning...and did it ever work wonderfully easy!
Here's how I did the my card. I began by looking at this Grid Tutorial and then grabbed a piece of Kraft Paper to try it out. Well, it turned out well, so I just decided to use that scrap for my project. I chose Real Red for the card itself. Next, I determined that my grid needed to be a window frame, so I used a large square punch and punch it from all four sides to make a larger square...I'll do a tutorial later this week how I do this. I planned to do a single inking of red on my Canvas Background stamp and for some reason, it cme out weird, so I huffed the stamp and put the paper on again, then again, and kept trying to get an even look to it. Not to be done, but it did come out with a kind of "shabby chic" look about it (read: LAZY), but I was satisfied, so Iwent on to stamp the Queen Anne's lace silouette from Garden Silhouette...and then dotted the tips with my White Signo Gel Pen. I would have liked to do something white on it (words or something) but my white Craft Pad is missing in action somewhere, so I settled for the white dots. Then I tied a very ravel-lish ribbon aound the frame, like a gift ribbon. This is a very fun technique...and I'll probably be looking what else I can do with this tool I have not used to full potential yet.

So there you have it! Have a very good day!

Cheryl

1 comment:

Holly Young said...

found your blog through SCS and just wanted to come check it out!
Love your grid frame!