Thursday, August 28, 2008

Awesome August!



What a busy month it has been! I started the month off with the "Stampin' in the U.P. of Michigan" Stamper get-together in my beautiful hometown Baraga. Then my family and I were off for a week of Family Church Camp in the small community of Forest Junction WI. We got home from there and found all these wonderful new Stampin' Up! Fall & Winter 2008 Idea Book & Catalogs waiting on my front porch along with about 6 other boxes of stuff that had been delivered while I was gone. I spent a week catching up on laundry & mail and getting ready for the next big thing..."A Church in a Day" Project being prepared for by some dear friends of ours that have a Home Missions church they began in Hancock, MI about 4 years ago. Of course, with all the help they are going to get, I volunteered to make the 350 Thank You Cards they figured they would need, while I impatiently waited for my Stampin' Up! order with all the NEW stuff in it. Cards, got done, new stuff arrived, and I am revved up and ready to go! But, we are camping this weekend, and so I plan to bring stuff to "detail" with watercolors, pencils, you know... stamp the pictures and color/pierce/cutout at a picnic table. Then home and back to real life again, with the addition of starting my youngest daughter a Kindergarten Home Schooling. SO...now you know what I've been up to, still lots to catch up on - I have lots of cards (yes, I made a few while I've been on the run) to show you pictures and details, but I'll do a bit at a time and get caught up. I would apologize for being gone so long, but hey, we use electric blankets 11 months of the year, so when summer's here, we go with it!
August was Awesome!!!

No comments: