Friday, August 29, 2008

Sock Monkey Swap Card

Here's my swap card that I gave at the "Stampin' in the U.P. of Michigan" weekend. Having just gotten Stampin' Up!'s new set Sock Monkey, I just had to play with it. I used Chocolate Chip to stamp Weathered background on So Saffron card stock. I stamped the monkey in Brown Stazon and watercolored him, The "ribbon" is actually strips cut from some K & Co. Designer Pattern Paper. Cupcake is backed with the 1 1/4", 1 3/8" circles and the Scallop Punch. Corners are punched out with the Corner Ticket Punch. I made a Sock Monkey when I was in High School...and have made a few over the years for the special children in my life when I am lucky enough to find the Rockford "Red Heel" Socks. The "smile" on the mouth is actually the heel of one sock...and the monkey's butt was the other heel, but not marked on the stamp, but it was easy to marker the color in place. I love this nostalgic set!

No comments: