Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Flopsy Bunny & Puppy Cards


These cards were the result of a sketch challenge tangent that I went on a few weeks ago. Splitcoast Stampers skech challenge (SC207). I have a box full of pieces of work I started and then went a different direction, or stamps several of one thing and put these aside until 'later' when I figure out what to do with them next. In my flipping through looking for one I could use on this card, I had pulled out a few possibilities and when I was done with the first one, I finished these also. The panels are glossy paper, with the background being made by scribbling a few markers on acetate, a quick spritz of water, and squashing the glossy side on it. (Can't think if the name of that technique!) Then I stamped the critters over the background and watercolored them, punched the corners, layered them and stored the in my S&F box, until now. Knowing how to mount them with the ribbons made it a quick job to do these two cards...wonder if I'll get that box emptied by next year...naaww! not a chance! :)
P.S. The little stuffed animal images were from 'The Angel Company'

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Cute, cute, cute! Love how you made the background of stamped panel.

Joanne Travis said...

I love that color washed background, it is so pretty. I'm not sure what it is called either, maybe spray and smash? or something like that :)
The little animals are so precious too. Excellent cards, Cheryl!