Friday, November 7, 2008

Happy Harmony Card



Yet another Angelosity Sketch Challenge Card #11! One more after this and then I am done! When I was working on these cards, I just seemed to pick up parts left froma different card - using up the scraps so I dont have to put them away! This set 'Happy Harmony' was one of the most beautiful Sell-A-Bration sets in my opinion. Having these 3 simple flowers in a grouping, and several really nice sayings, I stamped it all over with the springy flowers I imagined (desperately hoped) to see soon, in the chilly everlasting February days when Sellabration took place. But I never "saw" it though in terms of a nice fall set as well a spring set. Until today. I used the direct to rubber technique, using the markers to color the rubber for the stem (olive) and blooms (rust). I used Stazon for the words...in my opinion, lettering just comes out better. The Navy and Rust colors on the card make it sing "Autum Card!" Unless I come up with a better one, I think may use this for my parents' anniversay card this month...58 years! I love them both very much!

One more entry to do tonight! See ya there!

2 comments:

Angel said...

My favorite SAB sets of all time too. And great card....just lovely!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Gorgeous colors and one of my all time favorite images.