Friday, October 3, 2008

Autumn Harvest of Cards

Stamping with friends! Who can think of a nicer way to spend a cool Autumn evening together. Last night we had fun laughing and talking while we whipped up a few fall greeting cards (no two alike) and I want to show you what I came up with.


The set is called "Upsy Daisy" and I am so liking all these new silhouette stamps! On this card I also used my new Big Shot with the Top Note die cutter to make the Rust layer on the bottom and the vanilla layer on top. This die has stitch lines around the edges, so after I cut the vanilla layer, I used the stitching line for a cutting line and made the layer a smaller size. How easy is that? I originally stamped the phrase onto the panel and it didn't come out so good, so I used my small and large Oval punches to put an oval shaped "bandage" over it and now it's all better.

The Big Shot that I am talking about is featured in Stampin' Up!'s Holiday Mini Catalog that you can see here. Once there, Click on "SHOP." This Mini Catalog is only the beginning of Stampin' Up!'s line of die cutting machine, and we can expect more exciting tools to use on this marvelous machine in the future. This Big Shot can use a variety of different die-cutters, so it will be my one tool that enables me to use all of my old sizzix dies and embossing folders, my fiskars texture plates, my cuttlebug dies and embossing folders, my Nestabilities...and the regular Sizzix dies are able to cut through a list of 50 materials!!! (thin and wafer types)
Other die-cutting machines offer a variety of layers of varying thicknesses of layers to accomodate other manufacturer's dies. But Big Shot made it easy by giving you one tool to use to accomade all the rest. Resembling a book, you don't need to try and remember the combination and look for the right assortment of layers, you just find the die or folder you want to use on the layers that are hinged like pages, and it is printed which page to use and which ones to leave open. Even I don't have to rely on my memory and that is a good thing! The Big Shot is ideal for righties or lefties, just turn it around, but to tell the truth, cranking the paper (or whatever of the 49 other material you can use) is so easy, it doesn't matter which hand I use to turn the handle.


You'll find the Big Shot in Stampin' Up!'s Holiday Mini Catalog here, and be sure to check out the sales and promotions too. You can now order directly through me - online - see my website for more details. Call me if you have any questions or want me to do it for you!

2 comments:

Rhonda Langley said...

Haven't bought the big shot yet (trying to stay within my budget) but I do like that top notch die. Your card is great and I am jealous!!!-of your big shot!!

bigSIS said...

i think this is my favorite one of all you did with this set. very elegant looking.