Thursday, June 26, 2008

From 'Out of the Box' to 'Out on a Whim!'


This was my SCS "Ways to use it #172" challenge card today. Although I have a lot of bird stamps, I decided to put an idea of mine to work before the 'Polka Dot & Paisley' set retires this August. I got the idea quite a while ago, when I first saw the paper design...so I dug a scrap up today and there it is. I paper pieced the body and wing colors. The head is a 3/4" punch, the head feathers were one of the stamps. The branch is from 'Artfully Asian' another set I will really miss when it retires in August also. Hope you like it!
Have a great evening!
Cheryl

9 comments:

Sandie said...

Cheryl, congratulations on starting your blog! (I still dream of doing so....). I just wanted to tell you that I really love the way you created the bird out of the paisley -- well-done. Thanks for sharing! :-)

Debbi said...

What a fabulous out of the box idea for a bird!!!! Welcome to the world f blogging!

Jennie said...

What a beautiful and smart idea! Gorgeous bird :)

stampin abi said...

What a great way to use this stamp set, tfs

Jennifer Love said...

Wow! This is beautiful!

Lisa_in_AR said...

LOVE the bird!!! Too cute!

Teresa said...

Wow, how cute is this??? Love it!

Lesly said...

Wow is this ever cute! Thank you for sharing and I wish you all the best with your blog. I've had mine since January and really enjoy it.

Rhonda L said...

So very creative of you!! Love the bird and the card! Thanks for sharing. Love your blog also-welcome to the world of blogging!